Sadness?


As someone who suffers from fluxes of depression I seem to have a little difficulty dealing with one emotion in particular.

Sadness.....

Ah sadness! I used to think the worst thing I could feel was rejection or failure. As I grew past those feelings, accepting their place in my life, I grew adverse to sadness. I suppose I thought if I just didn't allow myself to feel sad that the depression wouldn't come back. A trick of the mind you see?

The thing is, you can't ignore sadness.

Sure.... you can block it out. Maybe grow numb to it.... but forcing yourself to be happy all the time, well it's just tiring. I don't think I realized at the time just how tired I was making myself.

I was told to watch Inside Out and as I did, I cried. I think so many times we think that there are emotions which exist to hinder rather than to help us. I used to think feeling sad was a sign of failure.... a hint or indication that I was going back to my old ways, where all I seemed to know was sadness. The beautiful thing I think I've taken away with trying to juggle emotions that I dread, is that sometimes you just need to let them in and let yourself feel. Read stupid cliche phrases, listen to silly songs and laugh or cry or do both. Your emotions are a release don't be scared to feel them.


Image result for inside out



Comentários

Mensagens populares